A media player for serious collectors that syncs your collection between your device and your Windows PC.
MediaMonkey helps you navigate, manage and sync large music collections. Key features:
- Sync with MediaMonkey for Windows (Playlists, tracks and videos including file info, ratings, lyrics, play history, etc.)
- Wirelessly sync with MediaMonkey for Windows*
- Manage Music, Classical music, Audiobooks, Podcasts, Video, etc...
- Navigate by Artist, Album, Composer, Genre, Playlist, etc.) with support for multiple attributes (e.g. Genre=Rock;Alternative)
- Navigate by Folder *
- Play any content supported by your device (it relies on system codecs), with replay gain (volume leveling), an equalizer, and sleep timer
- Bookmark large files (e.g. Audiobooks, videos)
- Access, play, and download media from UPnP/DLNA servers *
- Player widgets for home screen or lock screen
- Edit properties for single/multiple files
- Manage single/multiple files (e.g. play, queue, playlist management, delete, use as ringtone, share)
- Playlist management with hierarchy
- Now Playing views: Album Art / Tracklist
- Compatible with with third-party scrobblers (Simple Last.fm, Scrobble Droid, Last.fm)
- Compatible with Beats audio on HTC devices
- Full-library search
* Time limited trial functionality. USB Sync is unrestricted.
- Wi-Fi Sync addon: Unlocks unlimited wireless synchronization. Available as an in-app purchase.
- UPnP/DLNA addon: Unlocks unlimited UPnP/DLNA usage. Available as an in-app purchase.
- Advanced Media Management addon: Unlocks home screen customization, folder browser. Available as an in-app purchase.
- MediaMonkey Pro: Unlocks all trial functionality, and provides all of the addon features described above in one bundle. Available in the App Store.
Explanation re. Permissions:
Storage: Read, modify or delete the contents of your USB storage - to sync/download content via UPnP
Your accounts: find accounts on the device - to allow purchases of feature upgrades
Network communication: full network access, pair with bluetooth devices - for Wi-Fi sync / UPnP & bluetooth playback
Hardware controls: change your audio settings - for audio/video playback
- allow Wi-Fi Multicast reception - for UPnP/DLNA
- change system display settings - for uninterrupted video playback
- connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi - for Wi-Fi Sync and UPnP/DNA
- modify system settings - for audio settings
- prevent tablet from sleeping - for video playback
- retrieve running apps - to show/hide the tray icon
Development tools: test access to protected storage - to sync/download content via UPnP
- Store billing service - to buy feature addons
- view network connections - for WiFi sync / UPnP
- view Wi-Fi connections - for WiFi sync / UPnP
System tools: install shortcuts - to create shortcuts to playlists
Read phone status and identity - to hide the Lock Screen Player (only on system OS versions < 4.2) during a phone call
Disable your screen lock - to allow for a Lock Screen Player on system OS versions < 4.2