This value software pack consists of the most popular dictionary worldwide - the Concise Oxford English Dictionary and the Concise Oxford Thesaurus. The Concise English Dictionary and is noted for its clear, concise definitions as well as its comprehensive and authoritative coverage of the vocabulary of the English-speaking world. The Thesaurus is ideal for helping you pinpoint exactly the right word, whether you are writing a letter, preparing a report, composing an essay, writing creatively, or solving a crossword.
Increase Your Word Power
* Over 240,000 words, phrases, and definitions, covering technical and scientific vocabulary as well as English from around the world
* A comprehensive thesaurus with over 300,000 synonyms and antonyms, ideal for use in word games and puzzles, to improve your writing or to find the word on the tip of your tongue
* 50,000 audio pronunciations of both common and rare words including words with controversial pronunciation or with variant pronunciations
* Hundreds of new words and phrases, based on the latest research from the Oxford English Corpus
* Usage notes, offering help with tricky and controversial questions
* Thousands of example sentences help you select the right sense
* 500+ related word notes E.g. look up 'horse' and find the adjective 'equine', look up 'light' and find 'optics'
A Search Tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A Learning Tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections
A mobile dictionary application from MobiSystems with content from Oxford University Press.